Canberra Bridge Club Membership
The Club charges a joining fee at $10 per annum (including GST) for all new memberships and reactivations except for concession applicants who will pay $5.00. There will be no joining fee for full-time students under 26 as at 1 January 2020 and youth under 18 years.
Annual Membership Fee
Annual membership of the Canberra Bridge Club commences from 1 January each year. Fees are payable to the Club and, in 2020, are:
- $80 per annum for ordinary Club members.
- $35 per annum for concession members, which includes those under the age of 18 years as at 1 January 2019; full-time students under the age of 26 years at 1 January 2019; disability support or age pensioners; those who reside permanently more than 80 kilometres from the Canberra General Post Office; and, at the discretion of the Committee those experiencing hardship.
- $70 per annum for senior members, i.e. those over the age of 60 years at 1 January 2020.
People who join as non-home club members will be entitled to a deduction of $16.
The benefits of membership are:
- members' rates for bridge sessions
- participation in Club social activities
- affiliation to the Australian Bridge Federation
- affiliation to the Bridge Federation of the ACT
Membership fees can be paid by cash, cheque or direct deposit. The Club does not have credit card or EFTPOS facilities.
CBC officials may grant permission for still or moving photographs to be taken in the club. Players may only refuse to be photographed for religious or cultural reasons deemed valid by the CBC president, committee or chief tournament director. Photos of various activities may be seen on the Club's Gallary Page.
For further details, please contact our managers.