The Bridge Federation of the ACT is holding a Gala ‘Gold’ Pairs Day on 15 October 2017 at the Canberra Bridge Club, 6 Duff Place Deakin starting at 9.30 am. (Note the early start time).
Objectives of the day -- Back to top
- Provide a one-day butler pairs event where players of all levels will be welcomed and will be competitive. The event will have Open, Restricted and Novice divisions. There will be also a half day beginners event.
- Select “Canberra 2” and “ACT Provincial Team” (a provincial player is one who is under 300 MP or a player from a provincial club affiliated to BFACT) for the GNOT. The GNOT will be held 24 to 27 November 2017 at Tweed Heads. The selected teams will receive free entry and, from the ABF, fully paid return airfares for 4 players.
Format of the day - Back to Top
The event to be conducted as a Swiss Butler.
- The Open and Intermediate divisions will play together.
- Restricted (under 300 MP),
- Provincial and Novice (under 50 MP)
- A Beginners section in the afternoon beginning at 1:15 p.m.
Afterwards, there will be a prize presentation accompanied by drinks and hot and cold snacks.
The BFACT Annual General Meeting will follow the prize presentation.
Forming Teams - Back to Top
The top two placed contending pairs will form the Canberra 2 team. The team can augment with another pair if they wish. Note that the ABF subsidy for GNOT is on a per team basis.
The ACT Provincial team will be the top 2 contending pairs that qualify for ACT Provincial status, i.e. those from provincial areas or those with less than 300 masterpoints per person. The ACT Provincial team can augment with another suitable pair if they wish.
Prizes - Back to Top
Players will compete for prizes in the following categories:
- Novice (under 50 MP) for the Earl Dudley Trophy
- Restricted (under 300 MP) for the Valerie Mitchell Trophy
- Intermediate (Under 1000 MP) for the Beverley Carmichael Trophy
- Best restricted or novice pair that plays predominantly in the day-time
- Best pair from regional club affiliated with BFACT
- Best beginner pair
The trophies will be presented at the completion of play.
Entries - Back o Top
Entries close at 12pm on Friday, 12th October 2017
The cost of entry including the light lunch is:
- $12 for beginners (not lunch)
- $25 for full time students, pensioners and first time weekend congress players
- $42 for all others
- Entry can be made on the entry form at the Canberra Bridge Club or forwarded by phone or mail to:
Contact - Back to Top