RealBridge - Online Bridge Sessions
RealBridge improves on the BBO experience and uses your computer camera and microphone, allowing you to see and hear each other at a virtual bridge table.
To start playing RealBridge you will need to:
- Confirm that your device will work with RealBridge
- Participate with your partner in a 30-minute taster and familiarisation session
- Register to play in the Swiss Pairs event or join in the Matchpoint sessions (no pre-registration required) on the CBC Wednesday RealBridge night program (see below).
- Review the etiquette for playing on RealBridge
RealBridge etiquette – some pointers
Think about RealBridge as playing at the clubrooms... At the clubrooms you would not:
- Eat or drink in full view of the rest of the table (but you might surreptitiously sneak a peanut or a sip of wine)
- Conduct a conversation with a family member or conduct a telephone conversation
- Get up during the hand and make coffee
The microphone is the greatest feature of Realbridge – it allows for normalisation of the bridge environment. However, it can also cause problems with feedback. Some suggestions:
- Play in a quiet environment away from kids, televisions street noise and perhaps noisy pets
- Turn off the microphone when there is a distraction – my dogs bark as the possum leaves the possum box each night
- Set the microphone on the lowest possible volume
- Regularly refresh the screen by clicking the wind symbol
Taster Sessions - Learn to use RealBridge
- Taster Session Instructions (PDF)
- Taster sessions are free
- 30 minute session; 4 hands
RealBridge uses your camera and microphone allowing you to see and hear each other. Players are invited to come and try the "RealBridge Online" platform and play some boards on this NEW platform.
In the meantime, check your Camera and Microphone, so your partner and opponents can "see and hear" each other.
CBC Real Bridge Online Sessions (not taster)
All sessions on RealBridge will earn ABF MasterPoints.
There is no need to preregister, simply click the session link between 5:15pm and 7pm on the day of the session to enter.
- Wednesday 20 January - Click here to join the session - activated 5:15pm Wed
The club conducted is first RealBridge event for Competitive players on 2 and 9 December. The winners of the Swiss Pairs event were Neil Ewart and Ian Robinson.
Table Money on RealBridge
- The cost of playing a session of RealBridge is $8 per player with concessions ($7 / $4 students) until 30 March 2021
- All session fees for December/January will be collected in late January, when we hope to introduce an automated online payments system.
- Practice/taster sessions (above) are free.
- Members are welcome to invite ABF registered visitors (and international visitors) to play with them on RealBridge.