Newsletter - 26 April 2019
From the President:
The club is holding a Quiz Night on Saturday 11 May in support of our club and our charity Barnardos Australia. Please come to enjoy some light-hearted fun and to support two good causes. Details below and on the noticeboard.
TUESDAY and THURSDAY Evenings
From the beginning of May play will commence at 7pm on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Times continue as usual for Monday evenings (7pm) and Wednesday evenings (7.15pm)
There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example... I am sitting here right now thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Bridge for Brains – Fundraising for NeuRA
THIS FRIDAY 3rd May, 1:15pm
Come along and play Bridge, in support of NeuRA’s research into Alzheimer’s disease – a condition which affects 1 in 10 people over 65 years.
Can’t make the session but want to donate to NeuRA? Donation forms are available from the office.
- Thursdays 7pm (Winter Time commences), starting 2nd May for 3 weeks
- Tuesdays 7pm (Winter Time), starting 7th May for 4 weeks
- Sunday 19th May, 10am (2 sessions)
- $37 per player – includes lunch, and drinks after play. (Half price for Youth)
- Prizes for all categories
- Novice Swiss Teams (<400MP per team)
- Restricted Swiss Teams (<1200MP per team)
- Open Swiss Teams
- Red Masterpoints
- Details on STT event page for Grand Slam player conversions
- Pre-entry is essential. Entry closes Wed 15th May. Sign-up sheet on noticeboard or enter online.
The next Pizza night will be on Wed 8th May from 6.15 pm. We have had to put it back a week due to Easter and availability of speakers.
Christy with give a talk on “What Double is that? Take out, penalty, support?”
- Saturday 11th May, 7:00pm (for 7:30pm start)
- $15 per person. Why not make up a team? Funds raised to help Barnardos Australia
- Total of 53 questions, in 5 categories, hosted by our one-and-only Richard Hills.
- BYO nibbles and drinks. (Tea/coffee provided)
- Sign up on the noticeboard
- Stephen Carter & Anne Powell
- John Brockwell & Michael Cullen
- Tony Marker & Bill Tutty
Lessons & Seminars
Master Basics will resume on May 1, 2019 at 9:15am.
“Bidding - 1NT & responses”.
Cost: $6 for members, $8 for non members
Monday / Friday
|29th April - 3rd May||Card Play #2 Finesse||Planning - Play Points|
|6th - 10th May||Better minor, responses & rebids||Overcalls|
|13th - 17th May||Opening leads & signals (simplified)||Competing after an overcall|
|20th - 26th May||Responses to NT & stayman||They've stolen my bid|
|27th - 31st May||Rule of 20 & rule of 15||1NT & responses|