Newsletter - 14 June 2019
From the President:
Note that the teaching weekend led by Will Jenner O’Shea is almost upon us. Please sign up now to assist our planning.
- Next Session, 21st June 2019 1:15pm
- Red masterpoints.
- Test your play against players of all calibres Australia wide
- No entry requirements, just walk-in
- No additional cost
- Click here to see the ABF Nationwide Pairs site including results.
With Barb Toohey
This is the next step after Beginners lessons.
Date and time:
- Tuesday mornings, 10 am to 12pm:
- 18th June - Week 3: Leads and
- 24th June - Week 4: Signals
Cost: $15 per lesson
22nd to 23rd June; attend one day or both!
- Will Jenner-O'Shea is a well-known Bridge teacher in Sydney.
- Saturrday 22nd June 9:45am - 4:15 m
- Sunday 23rd June 10am-3pm
- 10am - Better no trump bidding; everyone plays the same hand and discusses it
- Aftternoon - Free play with assisted lesson hands
- $40 for the entire day, includes morning tea & refreshments
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH.
Thursday Evenings 7pm from 20th June, for 4 weeks.
- Thursday Evenings 7pm from 25th June, for 3 weeks.
- Gold Masterpoints
1st Tim Davis & David Randles
2nd Anne Powell & David Vaughan
McCance Seniors' Swiss Pairs
- 1st Ian Robinson and George Kozakos
Victor Champion Cup
Congratulations to our very own Andrew Spooner who was in the winning team of the Victor Champion Cup held in Melbourne over the weekend. Andrew played in a team with Philip Markey, Matt Mullamphy & Ron Klinder. This is Andrew's first win in a Nationl Open event, and we are sure there will be many more to come.
Congratulations to these players.
Asia Pacific Bridge Federation event in Singapore:
- The Australian Mixed Team (including Jodi Tutty and Stephen Fischer) is currently running 6th.
- The Australian Seniors B team (including Peter Reynolds, Michael Smart, Stephen Mendick, Bernard Waters and Elizabeth Havas) is currently 4th, and
- The Australian Seniors A team (including Arjuna De Livera, with Ian Thomson as NPC) is currently 8th
Competitive Bidding & Defence with Barb Toohey
- June 18th Leads
- · June 25th Signals
- $15 per lesson.
- Sign up sheet is on the board in the Barry Turner Room.
Master the Basics
- The next lesson will be on June 19, 2019 @ 9.15am
- “Competitive Bidding – Partner they have stolen my Bid”.
- Cost: $6 for members, $8 for non members
Thursday Intermediate Lessons
- Every Thursday Morning at 9:30 am SHARP
- Duration 20 minutes
- Cost $5 for members, $7 for non-members
- Come alone, with a friend or your partner
- 20th June - Transfers over 2Nt
- 27th June - Rule of 20, Rule of 15
- 4th July - Weak 2s and Preempts
- 11th July - Strong Openings
- After the lesson you may choose to play, with your partner, in the Intermediate Sectionor in one of the Open Sections. Table money for these sessions is not included in the lesso cost.
Monday / Friday
17th June 7:00 pm and
Strong 2C opening
24th June 7:00 pm and
Slam Bidding, Blackwood
1st July 7:00 pm and
8th July 7:00 pm and
Introduction, Etiquette, Key points
Kerry & Emily