Newsletter - 11 September 2020
From the President:
It was good to see the club rooms humming last Monday night with the duplicate movement, the Hugh Hudson pairs and the Beginners class all in action.
Next week at the Clubrooms
Have you read the latest versions of the CBC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Checklist for Members?
- COVID-19 Safety Plan & Checklist & Checklist - Updated 27 August 2020
Weekly Sessions Schedule
For the week commencing Monday 14 September we have four sessions scheduled at the clubrooms
- Monday evening 7:00pm (walk-in) Christy Geromboux
- Monday evening 7:15pm (Hugh Hudson - entries closed) Christy Geromboux
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm Sally Barber
- Wednesday morning 10:00am Ian Robinson
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm Bruce Crossman
Please remember that "mingling" - unnecessary interactions between individuals - is forbidden due to problems with the spread of Covid. It is therefore critical that players do not move between rounds until told to do so by the director.
Red Masterpoint sessions at the Clubrooms
The tournament committee has decided to conduct a number of Red Masterpoint sessions at the clubrooms over the next three month period.
For the months of September to November, each face-to-face session will have one red pointed session per month. Red points will be awarded on:
- Monday Evening 4th Monday of the month - September 28
- Tuesday Afternoon 1st Tuesday of the month - September 1
- Wednesday morning 2nd Wednesday of the month - September 9
- Friday afternoon 3rd Friday of the month - September 18
In the month of October, an additional Red Point Event (The Olive Lott Pairs) will be played on the first three Wednesday mornings.
Next week on BBO (no changes)
For the week commencing Monday 14 September, we have scheduled 6 tourneys on BBO.
Note that all our BBO sessions are continuing as usual, including the evening sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Monday Morning 10:00am Bruce Crossman
- Tuesday Evening 7:15pm (imps) Stephen Fisher
- Wednesday Morning Novice 10:15am Barb Toohey
- Wednesday Evening 7:15pm Christy Geromboux
- Thursday morning 9:55am (imps) Jodi Tutty
- Thursday Morning 10:00am (matchpoint) Jodi Tutty
Bridge Magazines: Free to a good home
If interested, please call Val on 0417 436 041
Complete sets (not bound) of miscellaneous bridge magazines, viz.
New Zealand Bridge (ed. Richard Solomon)
- 1986; vol. 22, issues 1-6
- 1995; vol. 31, issues 1-6
- 2000; vol. 36, issues 1-6
- 2003; vol. 39, issues 1-6
- 2009; vol. 45, issues 1-6
Bridge Magazine (ed. Mark Horton)
- 2007; vol. 104, issues 1-12
Bridge (ed. Alan Hiron)
- 1990; vol. no. not given, issues 1-12
Bridge World (eds Edgar Kaplan/Jeff Rubens)
- 1994/1995; vol. 66, issues 1-12
Bridge Today (ed. Matthew Granovetter)
- 1995; vols 7/8, issues 4-6/1-3
- 1998; vols 10/11, issues 4-6/1-3
Australian Bridge (eds various)
- 1997; vol. 28, issues 1-6
- 1998; vol. 29, issues 1-6
- 2004; vol. 35, issues 1-5/7
- 2006; vol. 37, issues 1-6
- 2007; vol. 38, issues 1-6
- 2008; vol. 39. issues 1-5
- 2009; vol. 40, issues 1-5
- 2013; vol. 44, issues 1-4
- 2014; vol. 45, issues 1-5
- 2016; vol. 46, issues 1-6
- 2017; vol. 47, issues 1-4
- 2018; vol. 48, issues 1-5
- 2019; vol. 49, issues 1-6
Online Bridge Congresses
- 25th, 26th & 27th September
- Team entry fee: $85AUD / $50USD ($50AUD / $35USD discount rate*)
- Entries close 5pm 24th September
- Swiss Teams - up to 8 people in each team
- More information on the Down Under Tournament webpage
- Saturday 26 September, 9:30am
- More information on the NSWBA event page for CCLC Bridge Club
- Sunday 27 September, 10am
- More information on the NSWBA event page for IBA
Joan Butts ABF Education Days on Zoom
Professional Development Days info
- 4 hours
- Anyone is welcome, but there is a limit of 20 people
- View the ABF Education Day flyer (PDF)
Dates & Topics:
- Thursday 10 September 2/1 Game Force
- Tuesday 6 October Defence
- Tuesday 10 November Declarer Play
- Tuesday 17 November Teacher Training Program
- Thursday 26 November Help with Play
(Thanks to Ronnie Corbett)
In the English Channel a ship carrying red paint has collided with a ship carrying purple paint. It is believed that both crews have been marooned.
A grandfather is missing after eating 4 cans of baked beans, 2 cauliflowers and a jar of gherkins.
His family has made an emotional plea for him not to come home for at least a fortnight.