Newsletter - 9 October 2020
From the President:
Let’s spruce up for spring. A Working Bee will be held at the clubrooms on Saturday 17 October at 9.30 to help with jobs inside and outside the building; a variety of strengths and abilities could contribute. While the rain will make the weeds grow, it will also make them easier to remove.
Please remember that we now have six face-to-face sessions, including the new additions of Monday and Thursday mornings (see more below).
Volunteers are needed for kitchen clean-up in every session in the clubrooms from 12 October. This is small but essential job.
Minutes from the August Committee Meeting are now available for download on our Commitee page.
Reopening the kitchen from Monday 12 Oct
From 12 October 2020, CBC will reopen the downstairs (only) kitchen on a TRIAL week-by-week basis. The trial will test whether the kitchen can be reopened successfully in a COVID-safe way, as demonstrated by strong member compliance with the arrangements outlined in the Kitchen Reopening Document.
- never more than one person in the kitchen;
- do not congregate in the foyer;
- a limit of one mug or glass per person per session (it would be helpful if you bring your own mug/glass);
- members must load their used item into the downstairs dishwasher prior to the session finishing;
- kitchen opens 30 minutes after session starts and closes 45 minutes before end of session;
- Members are welcome to continue to bring their own Thermos or bottled water.
Next week at the Clubrooms
Have you read the latest versions of the CBC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Checklist for Members?
- COVID-19 Safety Plan & Checklist & Checklist - Updated 23 September 2020
For the week commencing Monday 12 October we have six sessions scheduled at the clubrooms
- Monday morning 10:00am Ian Robinson
- Monday evening 7:00pm (walk-in) & &:15pm (event) Christy Geromboux
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm Sally Barber
- Wednesday morning 10:00am Ian Robinson
- Thursday morning 10:00am (MP and Imps) Jodi Tutty
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm Ian Robinson
Vouchers: Must be purchased five (or multiples of 5) vouchers at a time, preferably in advance by direct deposit into CBC bank account:
- BSB: 032 730
- Account no: 355176
Red Masterpoint sessions at the Clubrooms
For the months of September to November, each face-to-face session will have one red pointed session per month. Red points will be awarded on:
- Monday Morning 4th Monday of the month - October 26
- Monday Evening 4th Monday of the month - October 26
- Tuesday Afternoon 1st Tuesday of the month - November 3
- Wednesday morning 2nd Wednesday of the month - Olive Lott Pairs Oct 7, 14 & 21 Oct
- Friday afternoon 3rd Friday of the month - October 16
In the month of October, an additional Red Point Event (The Olive Lott Pairs) will be played on the first three Wednesday mornings.
Monday Evenings: 26 Oct, 2 & 9 Nov, at 7:15pm
Full details on the CBC Ted Crichton Swiss Butler Pairs event page.
For the week commencing Monday 12 October, we have scheduled 5 tourneys on BBO.
- Monday Morning 10:15am Ian Robinson
- Tuesday Evening 7:15pm (imps) Stephen Fisher
- Wednesday Morning Novice 10:15am Barb Toohey
- Wednesday Evening 7:15pm Christy Geromboux
- Thursday Morning 10:15am (matchpoint) Jodi Tutty
- Monday 26 October, 2020 - 5:30pm
- Held at the CBC Clubrooms - please read and observe the COVID-19 Checklist for the AGM (below)
- Members may choose to participate in the AGM via Zoom - please contact the Managers to arrange
The agenda, draft minutes from the 2019 AGM, nominaiton forms, and proxy forms are available from the Committee Noticeboard and for download:
- 2020 AGM agenda
- 2019 AGM draft minutes
- 2020 AGM Nomination Form (due midday 22 October 2020)
- 2020 AGM Proxy Form (due midday 23 October 2020)
- COVID-19 Checklist for the AGM
Nominations can be viewed on the 2020 AGM webpage.
Joan Butts ABF Education Days on Zoom
ABF Online Events
1st NS Cathi Bywater & Claire Hughes 62.49%
1st NS Heather McLoughlin & Bettye Pearce 63.28%
If good things come to those who wait, why isn't procrastination a virtue?
Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday.