State ANC Open Team Selection, Stage 2
State ANC Restricted PAIRS Selection
Sunday 24th March
Two (2) Sessions commencing at 10:00 am
- BREAKING NEWS, RESTRICTED PAIRS
- Restricted Pairs, 2 pairs to win a trip to Melbourne to attend Australian National Championships in July (eligibility criteria apply)
- Open to PAIRS with each of the two (2) players having fewer than 300 masterpoints as at 31/12/2018.
- OPEN SECTION
- Open to members of ALL BFACT Affiliated Clubs
- Premier Event on ACT Calendar, the top 4 pairs qualify for the a FiNAL over the weekend of 12-14 April 2019
- The FINAL will comprise the top
- eight (8) pairs from the, Stage 1, event held over 4 weeks from 26th February
- four (4) pairs from this Stage 2 event
- Top three (3) pairs from the FINAL will represent the A.C.T. at the Australian National Championships to be held in Melbourne between 14th & 19th July 2019.
- Pre-entry essential.
- Use Online Form
- or sign-upon the sheet on the Noticeboard
- Entires close Wednesday, 20th March, 10:00 am.
- Late entries accepted only under strict conditions and at the sole discrention of the event organiser.
- Cost $30 for both sessions
Open Team Entries
2 players required
- John Donovan & Ian Dalziell
- Alex Hewat & Ken Colbert
- Patricia McDonald & Niek Van Vucht
- Terry Pearson & Terri Henderson
- John Yoon & Andrew Spooner
- Cathy Nichols & John Niven
- George Kozakos & Brad Coles
- John Brockwell & Michael Cullen
- Tony Marker & Perelle Scales
- Elizabeth Havas & Val Brockwell
- Richard Hills & Chris Stead (non-contending)
Restricted Pairs Entries
2 players with fewer than 300 mps each as at 31/12/2018
- Claire Hughes & Cathi Bywater
- Dan Danton & Odette Mayne
- Natasha Jacobs & Jeannifer Carter
- Patricia Mulcahy & Geoff Hooper
- Yvetter Gilroy & John McDonald
- Judy Netting & Pamela McDonald
- Maureen Copping & Nola Arnold
- Jann White & Jane Young
- Trish Evans & Ros Hinton
State (ANC) Restricted Team Selection -- Eligibility Criteria
The Australian Bridge Federation is offering subsidies for two restricted pairs (<300 MP on 31 December 2018 or equivalent from GS) to contest the 2019 ANC Restricted Butler Pairs Championship in Melbourne on 20-21 July 2019.* All restricted players from are welcome to compete, although only those from BFACT affiliated clubs (Canberra, South Canberra, Capital, Monaro and Cootamundra) can win the prize.
Back to Top