The Bridge Federation of the ACT is holding a Gala ‘Gold’ Pairs Day on 29 September 2019 at the Canberra Bridge Club, 5-7 Duff Place Deakin starting at 9.30 am. (Note the early start time). Please note, no lunch will be provided, you are asked to bring your own lunch or be prepared to drive to another suburb for lunch (a full hour will be allowed for the lunch break).
Objectives of the day -- Back to top
- Provide a one-day butler pairs event where players of all levels will be welcomed and will be competitive. The event will have Open, Restricted and Novice divisions. There will be also a half day beginners event -- see here
- Select “Canberra 2” and “ACT Provincial Team” (a provincial player is one who is under 300 MP or a player from a provincial club affiliated to BFACT) for the GNOT. The GNOT will be held 29th November to 2nd December 2019 at Tweed Heads. The selected teams will receive free entry and, from the ABF, fully paid return airfares for 4 players.
Format of the day - Back to Top
The event to be conducted as an Imp Pairs competition:.
- The Open and Intermediate divisions will play together.
- Restricted (under 300 MP),
- Provincial and Novice (under 50 MP)
- In the afternoon, The Canberra Bridge Club will run:
- Under-Graduate Masters PairsUnder-Graduate Masters Pairs ibeginning at 1:15 p.m. (under 2 masterpoints) and
- Graduate Masters Pairs beginning at 1:15 pm (under 5 masterpoints)
Afterwards, there will be a prize presentation accompanied by drinks and hot and cold snacks.
The BFACT Annual General Meeting will follow the prize presentation.
Forming Teams - Back to Top
The top two placed contending pairs will form the Canberra 2 team. The team can augment with another pair if they wish. Note that the ABF subsidy for GNOT is on a per team basis.
The ACT Provincial team will be the top 2 contending pairs that qualify for ACT Provincial status, i.e. those from provincial areas or those with less than 300 masterpoints per person. The ACT Provincial team can augment with another suitable pair if they wish.
Prizes - Back to Top
Players will compete for prizes in the following categories:
- Novice (under 50 MP) for the Earl Dudley Trophy
- Restricted (under 300 MP) for the Valerie Mitchell Trophy
- Intermediate (Under 1000 MP) for the Beverley Carmichael Trophy
- Best restricted or novice pair that plays predominantly in the day-time
- Best pair from regional club affiliated with BFACT
The trophies will be presented at the completion of play.
Entries - Back to Top
Entries close at 12pm on Friday, 27th September 2019
The cost of entry (without lunch):
- $30 for all
- Entry can be made
- on the entry form at the Canberra Bridge Club
- using the Online Entry form
Contact - Back to Top
List of Entrants - Back to top
|Intermediate, fewer than 1000 masterpoints|
|Restricted, fewer than 300 masterpoints|
|Novice, fewer than 50 masterpoints|