CBC Novice Pairs Championship
Sunday, 17th March 2019
- Run in parallel with State ANC Women's Team Selection
- A half-day event with play commencing at 1:15pm, please be seated by 1:00 pm
- Entrants must have fewer than 100 Masterpoints as at 31st December 2018.
Grand Slam equivalence rating < 54.
- RED Masterpoints
- BUTLER Scoring (see below)
- FREE Seminar, 12:30pm covering Butler Scoring Strategies
- 12:30 pm Short Seminar
- 1:15 pm Play
- 5:30 pm Presentaton & Awards with Nibbles & Drinks included
- Entry methods:
- Use the Online Entry Form
- sign-up on the sheet on the Noticeboard
- close 10:00 am, Wednesday 13th March 2019
- accepted at Tournament Organiser's sole discretion
- Late entries accepted only under strict conditions and at the Director's sole discretion
- Cost including refreshments at end of play:
Butler Pairs Scoring
Butler scoring is a method of scoring a pairs events that is nearer to teams scoring. For each board, a "par" is calculated from ALL results in your direction; your score is the International Match Point (IMP) score for your result compared with "par". There are various methods used to calculate par, one of the more common methods is to take the average of the results after removing the top and bottom scores.
In IMP scoring for each board the total point difference between the two scores compared is converted into IMPs according to the scale shown here.
Back to Top