Newsletter - 6 November 2020
From the President:
From my observations the Club appears to be running very smoothly. The smooth operation is a result of on-going efforts by the directors who put in much work to run smoothly both in house sessions and on line sessions (sometimes together, while occasionally filling in a half table), our two part-time managers, and our many volunteers. With COVID likely to require additional efforts in the Club for many more months, all volunteering is gratefully accepted. Remember many hands make light work.
I understand that the Grand Slam Bridge Club at Fyshwick will cease operations in March next year. Some Grand Slam members may chose to join our Club. If so, please welcome them to our Club and introduce yourself and your partner to all newcomers.
Cheers and stay safe,
Kitchen Volunteers Required
The club reopened the downstairs kitchen on Monday 12 October 2020. This continues to be on a TRIAL week-by-week basis, testing whether we can operate in a COVID-safe way, as demonstrated by strong member compliance with the arrangements outlined in the Kitchen Reopening Document.
Next week at the Clubrooms
Have you read the latest versions of the CBC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Checklist for Members?
- COVID-19 Safety Plan & Checklist & Checklist (including how to buy vouchers and payment details)
For the week commencing Monday 9 November we have six sessions scheduled at the clubrooms
- Monday morning 10:00am Bruce Crossman
- Monday evening 7:00pm (walk-in) & 7:15pm (event) Christy Geromboux
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm Sally Barber
- Wednesday morning 10:00am Ian Robinson
- Thursday morning 10:00am (MP and Imps) Jodi Tutty
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm Bruce Crossman
Red Masterpoint sessions at the Clubrooms
For the months of September to November, each face-to-face session will have one red pointed session per month. Red points will be awarded on:
- Monday Morning 4th Monday of the month - November 23
- Monday Evening 4th Monday of the month - November 23
- Tuesday Afternoon 1st Tuesday of the month - December 1
- Wednesday morning 2nd Wednesday of the month - November 11
- Friday afternoon 3rd Friday of the month - November 20
For the week commencing Monday 9 November, we have scheduled 5 tourneys on BBO.
- Monday Morning 10:15am Bruce Crossman
- Tuesday Evening 7:15pm (imps) Stephen Fisher
- Wednesday Morning Novice 10:15am Barb Toohey
- Wednesday Evening 7:15pm John Donovan
- Thursday Morning 10:15am (matchpoint) Jodi Tutty
Update your details and permission to list
As the club will not be producing a 2021 calendar/member list it is more important than ever that your personal details as recorded in Pianola are correct.
How to check and update your contact details
- Log in to Pianola (https://app.pianola.net/)
- Click on "My Account" in the drop down menu on the right and then the first Tab underneath is "Personal Details".
- Update the fields as necessary, and click "save".
- Then we suggest you check that your Communication Preferences are as you prefer (4th tab) - this includes reciving general emails and results from the Club.
- Lastly, then your contact permissions (5th tab). We strongly suggest that you allow other club members to have at least one channel for contacting you. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CLUB MEMBERS WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THIS INFORMATION, AND ONLY IF YOU ALLOW IT.
- (Optional) While you are there you may also wish to upload a photo of yourself (3rd Tab). For an example please see Rick Nehmy’s member details.
- Saturday November 14, 2020 10:00 AM - 60 tables
- This event will have two sessions with a 30 minute break for lunch, a 10 minute break for morning tea and a 10 minute break for afternoon tea.
- Cost: BB$10 per player
- All players must be registered users on Bridge Base Online www.bridgebase.com and have registered their BBO Username with the ABF www.abfevents.com.au/forms/signup
Online Teams Event by the ABF
- Weekend of 28-29 November.
- Swiss of 8 x 12-board rounds,
- Finals (for the top eight Teams) held over the following weekend (December 5-6).
- An optional Swiss Pairs consolation for non-qualifiers will be held on Saturday 6 December.
- Entry fee: $220 per team.
For further information please see the ABF Online Teams flyer.
Mudgee Matchpoint Pairs
- Pam & Ross Crichton
- Niek Van Vucht & Vicky Lisle
Graduate: Ben Peoples
Club: Bettye Pearce
Regional: Colleen Hassall
Gold LIfe: David Randles