Our annual Christmas Raffle is now available for purchasing raffle tickets at the club, and on display for your drool-worthy pleasure. Please bring your own pen to write your raffle tickets and exact change, due to our COVID-19 Safety Plan we cannot share pens or give change.
Tickets are $2 each, or 3 for $5.
50% of profits go to Canberra Bridge Club, and 50% to our Club charity Beyond Blue.
Drawn Monday 21 December.
- Christmas Cake
- Christmas Crackers (Bon-Bons)
Returning to Bridge in the Club Rooms
The ACT Government requires businesses to have a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan in order to recommence activities.
The Committee has written CBC’s Safety Plan in order to ensure face-to-face bridge sessions are as safe as possible for everyone.
That said, it is not possible to play bridge in the clubrooms in a way that completely removes all COVID-19 risks. The Committee understands that some members will not want to play face-to-face bridge at this time given their personal situation and health issues. We urge all members to consider their own circumstances and decide what is best for them.
Have you read the latest versions of the CBC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Checklist for Members?
- COVID-19 Safety Plan - Updated 23 September 2020
- Playing at the Club Checklist for Members - Updated 23 September 2020
- Kitchen re-opening trial - 6 October 2020
This week at the Clubrooms
For the week commencing Monday 23 November we have six sessions scheduled at the clubrooms
- Monday morning 10.00am Bruce Crossman
- Monday evening 7:00pm (walk-in) Ian Robinson
- Monday evening 7:15pm Ian Robinson
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm Sally Barber
- Wednesday morning 10:00am Ian Robinson
- Thursday morning 10:00am (MP & Imps) Jodi Tutty
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm Bruce Crossman
Please remember that "mingling" - unnecessary interactions between individuals - is forbidden due to problems with the spread of Covid. It is therefore critical that players do not move between rounds until told to do so by the director.
Red Masterpoint sessions at the Clubrooms
The tournament committee has decided to conduct a number of Red Masterpoint sessions at the clubrooms over the next three month period.
For the months of September to November, each face-to-face session will have one red pointed session per month. Red points will be awarded on:
- Monday Morning 4th Monday of the month - 23 November
- Monday Evening 4th Monday of the month - 23 November
- Tuesday Afternoon 1st Tuesday of the month - 1 December
- Wednesday morning 2nd Wednesday of the month - December 9
- Friday afternoon 3rd Friday of the month - December 18
For the week commencing Monday 23 November, we have scheduled 3 tourneys on BBO. Please note the removal of the Tuesday 7pm session.
- Monday Morning 10:15am Bruce Crossman
- Wednesday Evening 7:15pm John Donovan
- Thursday Morning 10:15am (matchpoint) Jodi Tutty