Welcome to 2021. We have a range of in-Club and online Bridge sessions, Events, Beginners Lessons, Intermediate lessons and advanced lessons planned for this year - COVID-19 willing of course. Please check back frequently and read our newsletter for the latest news about upcoming events and changes to sessions.
Here's a preview of some upcoming events:
- 27 February (Saturday) - The Not Quite Valentines Day Congress: Open Teams / Novice & Restricted Butler Pairs - registrations required
- 15 March (Monday 7:20pm) - Swiss Pairs (Incorp. ANC Seniors Teams Qualifying) - Registrations required
- 12 April (Monday 7:20pm) - Barry Turner Teams - Registrations required
CBCPay - Table money without the hassles
Since February the CBC has begun using a new table-money payment system. We call it "CBCPay". Please take the time to read our webapge about the system and fill in a Sign-Up form.The system is open to Members (for in-Club and online) and is required for all RealBridge (online) players (including Visitors).
Our aim is over the next month to have all active CBC members paying table money through CBCPay. Accommodations are made for Visitors to continue paying with $13 vouchers or exact cash.
Thank you to every member who has already signed up to using CBCPay. We hope it saves you time, and know it allows our Directors and Managers to redirect their time towards members, visitors, improving the Club and promoting Bridge.
Red Masterpoint Daytime Sessions (March to May)
During the eight-week period commencing 15 March the club will allocate Red Masterpoint status to 18 individual duplicate sessions, spread over our seven face to face session timeslots and the Wednesday evening RealBridge session. Each of these regular duplicate sessions will conduct one red MP session per month. Additionally, a two-week Seniors Pairs event (with Red masterpoint event awards in addition to sessional awards) will be held on Monday Morning April 19 and 26.
- Monday Morning 15 March and 12 April
- Monday evening 15 March and 12 April
- Tuesday afternoon 23 March and 20 April
- Wednesday Morning 24 March and 21 April
- Wednesday Evening Real Bridge 24 March and 21 April
- Thursday Morning 1 April and 29 April
- Friday Morning 9 April and 7 May
- Friday Afternoon 9 April and 7 May
- Monday Morning 19 and 26 April (Seniors' Pairs event)
There is nothing members need to do to become eligible to receive Red Masterpoints, simply turn up and play as per normal.
Face-to-face Bridge at CBC
The Committee has written CBC’s Safety Plan in order to ensure face-to-face bridge sessions are as safe as possible for everyone. You must read it and abide by it as a condition of entry.
Have you read the latest versions of the CBC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Checklist for Members?
- COVID-19 Safety Plan - Updated 6 February 2021
- Playing at the Club Checklist for Members - Updated 7 January 2021
- Kitchen re-opening - 23 November 2020
This week at the Clubrooms
For the week commencing Monday 1 March:
- Monday morning 10.00am
- Monday evening 7:00pm (walk-in & supervised)
- Monday evening 7:20pm ANC Open Team Selection - Qual 1 (Event)
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm
- Wednesday morning 10:00am
- Thursday morning 10:00am (MP & Imps)
- Friday - Supervised Bridge Play - 10am (Lesson at 9:30am)
- Regular-play 10am session will resume from 19th March!
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm
- Wednesday Evening Matchpoint/Duplicate 7:15pm - No registration required.A link to the session will be posted on the RealBridge information page at 5pm Wednesday. Directed by John Donovan
- Thursday Afternoon Matchpoint/Duplicate 1:30pm - No registration required. A link to the session will be posted on the RealBridge information page at 12pm Thursday. Directed by Sally Barber.