- Monday 26 October, 2020 - 5:30pm
- Held at the CBC Clubrooms - please read and observe the COVID-19 Checklist for the AGM (below)
- Members may choose to participate in the AGM via Zoom - please contact the Managers to arrange
The agenda, draft minutes from the 2019 AGM, nominaiton forms, and proxy forms are available from the Committee Noticeboard and for download:
- 2020 AGM agenda
- 2019 AGM draft minutes
- 2020 AGM Nomination Form (due midday 22 October 2020)
- 2020 AGM Proxy Form (due midday 23 October 2020)
- COVID-19 Checklist for the AGM
- Financial Report 2019-2020
- President's Report 2019-2020
- Tournament Secretary's Report 2019-2020
Nominations submitted are available to view on the 2020 Annual General Meeting webpage.
Returning to Bridge in the Club Rooms
The ACT Government requires businesses to have a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan in order to recommence activities.
The Committee has written CBC’s Safety Plan in order to ensure face-to-face bridge sessions are as safe as possible for everyone.
That said, it is not possible to play bridge in the clubrooms in a way that completely removes all COVID-19 risks. The Committee understands that some members will not want to play face-to-face bridge at this time given their personal situation and health issues. We urge all members to consider their own circumstances and decide what is best for them.
Have you read the latest versions of the CBC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Checklist for Members?
- COVID-19 Safety Plan - Updated 23 September 2020
- Playing at the Club Checklist for Members - Updated 23 September 2020
- Kitchen re-opening trial - 6 October 2020
This week at the Clubrooms
For the week commencing Monday 19 October we have six sessions scheduled at the clubrooms
- Monday morning 10.00am Bruce Crossman
- Monday evening 7:00pm (walk-in) Christy Geromboux
- Monday evening 7:15pm Christy Geromboux
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm Sally Barber
- Wednesday morning 10:00am Ian Robinson
- Thursday morning 10:00am (MP & Imps) Jodi Tutty
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm Bruce Crossman
Please remember that "mingling" - unnecessary interactions between individuals - is forbidden due to problems with the spread of Covid. It is therefore critical that players do not move between rounds until told to do so by the director.
Red Masterpoint sessions at the Clubrooms
The tournament committee has decided to conduct a number of Red Masterpoint sessions at the clubrooms over the next three month period.
For the months of September to November, each face-to-face session will have one red pointed session per month. Red points will be awarded on:
- Monday Morning 4th Monday of the month - 26 October
- Monday Evening 4th Monday of the month - 26 October
- Tuesday Afternoon 1st Tuesday of the month - 3 November
- Wednesday morning 2nd Wednesday of the month - October: Olive Lott Pairs - 7, 14 & 21st October 2020
- Friday afternoon 3rd Friday of the month - 20 November
In the month of October, an additional Red Point Event (The Olive Lott Pairs) will be played on the first three Wednesday mornings.
See how far Covid has invaded our lives – imagine the oldest daytime club event not being played on the traditional Monday morning session!
This week on BBO (note time change for Thursday)
For the week commencing Monday 19 October, we have scheduled 5 tourneys on BBO.
- Monday Morning 10:15am Bruce Crossman
- Tuesday Evening 7:15pm (imps) Stephen Fisher
- Wednesday Morning Novice 10:15am Barb Toohey
- Wednesday Evening 7:15pm Christy Geromboux
- Thursday Morning 10:15am (matchpoint) Jodi Tutty